Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - 275 Matching Results

Search Results

[I&GN Railroad train Round Rock]

Description: Photograph of the Williamson County International and Great Northern Railroad in 1904. The depot is on the upper left side of the photograph. The track crossed Brushy Creek about two miles below the town of Round Rock, then located on the north side of Brushy, and terminated in 1876 just short of the proposed Lake Bridge site, where a depot and freight station were built. Four men are seen in front of the train past the engine.
Date: 1904
Location: None
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Granger Picnic Band on a Road]

Description: Photograph of the Granger Picnic Band. Martinets General Merchandise Store in background, present location of Granger National Bank. First row: George Matyscak, ____ Hruska, Frank Martinets, Emil Wentercek, Jim Martinets. Second row: Charles Vitek, Karel Strmiska, Joe Vitek, Frank Kerbala, Joe Rozacky. Third row: Tom Martinets, William Vitek, Roman Zatozek, Frank Drozd. Also location of S. P. J. S. T. Hall.
Date: 1907~
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Group of people with cars on side]

Description: A black and white image of large group of people posing in front of building with gable roof and board and batten siding. A car is parked at either end of the group and more people are seated in the cars. Front seated row are men holding brass musical instruments; a bass drum with a symbol leaned against it at the center. Image mounted on brown cardboard with decorative embossed border.
Date: 19uu
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Horse and Buggy]

Description: A horizontal black and white photographic print of a man holding the reins of two horses hitched to a buggy with wheels as tall as the man's waist. The man is in a field where there is one tree and a fence. The man is wearing hat, jacket, gloves and pants tucked into boots. The hat has a peaked top.
Date: 1900~
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Horses & buggy hauling men & hay]

Description: Photograph of hay (cane) hauling time, four miles south of Granger. Cane was stacked in hay stacks about 20 feet long and 6 to 7 feet high and 8 to 10 feet wide. Left to right: Robert Rozackey, Joe Chasek, Adolph Horak, and Joe Rozacky. Joe is father of Robert Rozacky. Taken on grandmother Frances Rozacky's farm about 4 miles south of Granger.
Date: 1919~
Partner: The Williamson Museum
Back to Top of Screen