Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 54 Matching Results

Search Results

[422 S. Magnolia - First United Methodist Church - Palestine]

Description: Copy negative of the front and south side of the First United Methodist Church, located at 422 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Magnolia and Reagan streets. The two-story church is made of brick with stone accents and has Gothic Revival-style architecture, including pointed, arched openings and corner towers; the tower on the southwest corner is taller than the rest of the building. Many of the windows are open.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[Reagan School - 400 S. Michaux]

Description: Photograph of the front and north side of the Reagan School located at 400 S. Michaux in Palestine, Texas. The three-story brick building has Tudor Revival-style architectural features and served as a school for various grades between 1916 and 1976, later becoming a museum. There are people visible on the lawn and automobiles visible in the front and near the side of the building.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[Chamber of Commerce Saturday drawing]

Description: Many people gather in downtown Sanger each Saturday for a cash drawing. Entries for the drawing were obtained by making a purchase from participating merchants during the preceding week. George W. (Speedy) Sullivan, standing on truck conducting the drawing. George A. Sullivan standing arms akimbo with straw hat.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[First National Bank]

Description: Building on the corner of 3rd and Bolivar Streets. In 1899 Mr. Berry came to Sanger and with B.L. and J. W. Spencer bought the Farmers Bank of Sanger, changing the name to Farmers & Merchants Bank. It was chartered as First National Bank of Sanger in 1905.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Saltillo Depot]

Description: Saltillo, Mexico passenger depot of the National Railways of Mexico, September 1920. This was a busy terminal on the Nuevo Laredo to Mexico City main line. Also for local trains operating to Monterrey, Piedras Negras, and Torreon.
Date: September 1920
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

[Train on the bridge from Rio Jamapa at Tomatlán]

Description: Passenger train on the bridge from Rio Jamapa at Tomatlán and is part of the 2ft gauge line of the Ferrocarril Mexicano. This narrow-gauge train, headed by a Consolidation type 2-8-0 Baldwin No. 1 steam locomotive with a diverse consist, carried a Broiler-buffet Sleeping car on the rear-end which provided meal service for Pullman passengers.
Date: September 1920
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

[Engines at Tampico Terminal]

Description: The Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico engine terminal of the National Railroad of Mexico in March 1920. At this time Mallet (Articulated) type 2-6-6-2 steam locomotives frequently headed passenger trains on the Monterrey - Tampico Line. This was one of the earliest divisions on the National Railways where Mallet (Articulated) type locomotives went into service.
Date: March 1920
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

[Train pulling into Monterrey Station]

Description: Monterrey's Union station in the "Glory Days of Steam" January 1920. In this era, it was one of the finest railroad passenger depots in Mexico. This station had ten stub-end tracks. There were sixteen through passenger trains daily, inbound and outbound. In addition, there were trains originating at Monterrey, such as those to Matamoros, Nuevo Laredo, Realta, Saltillo and Tampico. The track in the foreground was a portion of Monterrey's electric street railway system. The paralleling track… more
Date: January 1920
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

[Anchor from the Steamboat Ruthven]

Description: Photograph of an anchor from the steamboat Ruthven after she sank, exhibited on the lawn of the Young Men's Business League (later the Chamber of Commerce) in Palestine, Texas. Storefronts are visible lining the opposite side of a street in the background and a horse-drawn carriage is stopped in the street behind the anchor.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
Back to Top of Screen